Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably only applies to r/d discos with a manual gearbox.
Apart from the steering wheel appearing to be offset by about an inch or so, I am suffering with severe leg aches from the cramped and offset position of the accelerator pedal. How on earth anyone can drive in this position hour after hour across desserts and the like is beyond me. I am in agony after about a half an hour.
Is it me or does anyone else find this problem a pain. Is there something that I could do to the peddles to bring them into a more natural line with the seat position.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
John said:
I am suffering with severe leg aches from the cramped and offset position of the accelerator position.
I suspect you'll get all kinds of questions about taking the high roa, or low road to Tipperary, but that aside, I learned a long tme ago to take my wallet out of my right hind pocket when driving any distances. I have aftermarket seats in my Defender, but still will get a cramp in my right leg if I'm sitting upon my wallet. Even though my wallet is thick, and not because of an excess amount of cash in it, it's just acumulated receipts, etc, it applies presure to a nerve and gives me leg cramps. If I take my wallet out, I don't get leg cramps. It goes without saying, ergonomics is a foreign concept in Land Rover design, but I find this to be pretty much a universal problem

·
Registered
454 Posts
I drive for a living, and everytime I change cars I have to adjust. Cramps and pains are not uncommon for me at least. The wallet in the packet is a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
pains me too!

My wife and I bought a 2001 Discovery and whenever I drove it my right leg and ankle are very uncomfortable. Short jaunts don't really bother me so much but long rides sure do. To make matters worse, our cruise control does not work.. any ideas on that problem out there?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
:wave:
BuxGuy said:
My wife and I bought a 2001 Discovery and whenever I drove it my right leg and ankle are very uncomfortable. Short jaunts don't really bother me so much but long rides sure do. To make matters worse, our cruise control does not work.. any ideas on that problem out there?
Check for vacuum leak. Most likely it's the hose by the firewall, right by the T connector.

I think the RR seats are much more comfortable than the Disco. Get yourself a 95 Rangie with the Disco interiror!!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Oh GOD no- not the 95 RRC... the most odd-ball truck from the decade. Can't get bumpers for them, some had smaller windshields than others (I wish I was kidding). ugh...

The wallet thing is brilliant- I've been doing that on long trips and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not that I do allot of long distance driving here in Hawaii, but I would use the cruse control on the long open areas. That way you can move your legs around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts