Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the grill out today and painted it OEM Blenheim Silver, along with the Hella Driving light bezels. It all matches now... :D

Opinions welcome.

· JesusIsLord
185 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
Pulled the grill out today and painted it OEM Blenheim Silver, along with the Hella Driving light bezels. It all matches now... :D

Opinions welcome.
Looks very trick! I like it :buttrock:

Hey did you say you had more '99 D1 hood black outs? What about the side trim? Just wondering. I'm not going to purchase it right now due to a couple of pine trees over the driveway that I want to remove first. They drip pine tar at times on the vehicles and it would ruin the vinyl I suppose. Let me know what the cost and shipping are anyhow :)

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9dawgs said:
Looks very trick! I like it :buttrock:

Hey did you say you had more '99 D1 hood black outs? What about the side trim? Just wondering. I'm not going to purchase it right now due to a couple of pine trees over the driveway that I want to remove first. They drip pine tar at times on the vehicles and it would ruin the vinyl I suppose. Let me know what the cost and shipping are anyhow :)
Blackout kits and side trim kits are both $59.99 each. Shipping is between $10.00 and $18.50. I could ship both in the same package for the same price.

4,346 Posts
You know, I do like it! Looks like something LR meant to do but never got around to it until now...haha. Very Nice man! I REALLY think that if you do the 03 headlight conversion like IB and leave the trim pieces under the headlights black you'll have a KILLER!!! lookin Rover!

· Registered
184 Posts
Grill looks great. :buttrock: Did you paint it or have a body shop do it? The silver blends in good looks like it is stock. My disco is kinversand and I don't know how that would look. If you did the job yourself where did you get the paint? Once again looks great and the driving lights mounted on the bumper look good also.

· Registered
709 Posts
Nice job Chris :drink1: It's funny how something (somewhat) simple really changes the overall look. :buttrock:

I see your other Disco is still around :D Any luck selling it? Man, if I could only talk my wife into getting another one...

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HFsdisco said:
I like that painted grill. what did that run you,if you don't mind saying?
The paint came from PaintScratch.com. It is your exact OEM color. I ordered a 16oz Basecoat with Flex additive and a 16oz clearcoat. Total cost was under $50.00

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ibjettin said:
Nice job Chris :drink1: It's funny how something (somewhat) simple really changes the overall look. :buttrock:

I see your other Disco is still around :D Any luck selling it? Man, if I could only talk my wife into getting another one...
Actually, it is already sold, but I am waiting for the new owner to have it picked up by teh shipping company. Its going overseas. I have already been paid. :D

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
01001010 said:
I REALLY think that if you do the 03 headlight conversion like IB and leave the trim pieces under the headlights black you'll have a KILLER!!! lookin Rover!
Thats next, but my under headlight pieces are gonna stay silver. :)

· Registered
709 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
Actually, it is already sold, but I am waiting for the new owner to have it picked up by teh shipping company. Its going overseas. I have already been paid. :D
By oversea's do you mean they sent you a casheirs check for over the asking price to offset the shipping charges? And is the check from Bank Of America here in the Sates??? If so, Chris - EMAIL ME

4,346 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
Thats next, but my under headlight pieces are gonna stay silver. :)
Haha...ok, let me know when this happens, I'll buy your headlight bezels from you. Someone posting mentioned that the D2 Bezels, the Painless Perf. Headlight Relay, and High Watt Bulbs (I already have the PIAA Plasmas) will get you some GREAT lighting!

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Hey Chris...

Since my rig is called The Black Widow, I was thinking about putting a deep red hour glass on the bonnet. Make it stand out more, give it more personallity. Is that something you could make up?
Thanks,
Steven

· Registered
528 Posts
maybe a hood blackout w/ a custom red hourglass decal on it?

· Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ibjettin said:
By oversea's do you mean they sent you a casheirs check for over the asking price to offset the shipping charges? And is the check from Bank Of America here in the Sates??? If so, Chris - EMAIL ME
Nah, none of the above. it's all good. The guy is from the states, but is shipping it to Africa. I have been around the "scams" long enough to see resd flags. At first, I was suspicicous. The check was drawn on Washington Mutual and we have them here in Georgia, so I took it to a WM branch and they verified it. I then deposited it into my account at Regions and it cleared Washington Mutual Bank last week.

Thanks for lookin out fo a bruthta tho. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.