Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my alpine white SWB sight unseen from a guy in North Carolina 2 winters ago. He sent me tons of pictures, and described it well (he was the 2nd owner, and it originally lived in Ca and Oregon) there was no rust on it at all, and it was very clean.

The one thing that was neglected info, was that the clear coat was coming off in sheets. I figured I would wet dry sand and buff the base coat and call it a day. This spring I backed into a telephone pole and crunched the tail light corner which subsequently pushed and deformed the rear quarter panel ( ****). Took it to a couple of places, called all my contacts ( that know "guys" who do side jobs) and at the end of the day, got tired of trying to chase an "economical" deal. One thing I haven't mentioned is that I live in eastern long island ( the Hamptons ) and everything out here is double. A glass of wine at a crappy restaurant is $12.

Called Paul Grant, and got two rear quarters for $200. Bought primer, and some utech 200, and figured what the hell. I'm a cabinetmaker, have a shop have sprayed 100's of lacquer, just do it. The pictures below are the two rear quarters primed and ready for install. I'll keep posting photos, but I think I should have it done in the next 2 weeks.

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1370696586.150819.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1370696604.506509.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1370696617.643368.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Dereyk,
This week I'm working for you. I'm pulling apart the interior on the '93 so I'll have all the dash parts you need including the heater box. I'll hang on to as much of the hardware as I can so you'll be all set. I'm also pulling the transmission and engine from the '95 this week, as well. I'll be in touch later today so we can get the interior parts on the road to you.
Cheers,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts