Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SC Surfer
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1989 RR Classic: Hand brake sticks first thing in the morning--I'll back the vehicle out the driveway pointing downhill and it won't roll. Later it loosens up under power. Anyone know how to adjust it or is it something more severe?

·
SC Surfer
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps a lot -- I was told by a mechanic to replace the cable, but I don't see it. Could a broken or worn cable cause the handbrake to stick? When I pull the handbrake the vehicle is secure from rolling, it just won't release completely...and it's usually first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Thanks, that helps a lot -- I was told by a mechanic to replace the cable, but I don't see it. Could a broken or worn cable cause the handbrake to stick? When I pull the handbrake the vehicle is secure from rolling, it just won't release completely...and it's usually first thing in the morning.
The handbrake works by the brake handle pulling out a triangler shape piston that pushes the brake pads out. This mechanism, and the 2 rollers, can rust up or gunk up over time. So my first step would be to strip it down and clean that mechanism

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.