Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clock was not working. It was only displaying the number 1 in where would be the hour and the minutes. So i rushed to Ebay ordered another clock, pulled the old one out and put this one in. What do you know the same reseult. The hazards are working fine so I know the connection is sound.
Can a (weak/bad) fuse cause something to work partialy? When I bought the clock the seller said it was working when he removed it. And I find it hard to believe that the old and new clock would give the same result given they were both not working.
Any suggestions, thoughts, critiques or jokes would be appretiated. But go easy I'm new to the forum.
Thanx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mabye the wire, connection, to the clock is screwed up somewhere? Not getting the power it needs due to a bad wire or connection you can not see? If everything else running off that breaker (sorry, been on boats too long) is o.k. it may be the lead running to the clock. Does the lead go through every component associated with the breaker and end at the clock or is everything wired seperatly?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have a multimeter check the incomming supply and switch on the hazards(if they are on the same cct)to see if there is any volt drop, The other thing could be a bad earth with the low current draw on the clock a poor earth connection would cause problems.Try to locate where the clock outgoing wire is earthed and clean it up.Hope it helps (can't be much else). :drink1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.