Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being a brit all of my life I have had a love affair with rangies since the seventies :)
I now live in newport beach (california) and run a high end custom shop called Special Vehicle Concepts, www.specialvehicles.com

Please take a look in our gallery at our collection of new and older range rover projects.
any members need ECU reprogramming (do not ever buy the chips such as "calloway" etc they are all junk in my opinion!) please contact us.
we can wake up all range rovers from 1996 onwards with program and muffler work over and above what most people expect.
we own the design for a supercharger for the P38's, we can assemble a kit and ship it to you, or install in house.
Our work on the current 4.4 (02-05)and new jaguar engines (06)in the new shape rangies is second to NONE. wer have designed custom programs and a custom dual/quad exhaust for both models, naturally aspirated or supercharged.
we have also designed a body kit, custom grilles, side vents and can perform very high end touches with regards to the painting out of the plastic elements on the exterior of the vehicle on all range rovers, Lr3 and range rover sport (monochromatic paint enhancements)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey,
I have tried emailing you at least 10 times and never get anything back. I even called you once and the person i talked to (john i think) was incredibly rude and told me that it wasn't his job to look into why my emails weren't answered... :mad:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
98RRover said:
Hey,
I have tried emailing you at least 10 times and never get anything back. I even called you once and the person i talked to (john i think) was incredibly rude and told me that it wasn't his job to look into why my emails weren't answered... :mad:

That's why he has only had 3 posts since May 2005. He was on here just for business, which is cool, but you've got to have good customer service to follow it up. John, Adrian, and Jason rock at that! :buttrock:

·
Registered
789 Posts
i think its uncool for him to just come here for business, and not even follow up, its probably a good indication of the quality of service- which would be BAD,
HEY RANGIE!, if we want bad service we'd go to the dealerships!!! :complain:

if they r rude to u over the phone, your gambling with your truck if u go to them in person

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
98RRover said:
It kinda depresses me, i would probably buy the supercharger... :rolleyes:
If you do, make sure you run an intercooler, otherwise carry a bucket with you. I had a look at the 98 rangie in the gallery section and I didn't see any evidence of one (could be using water injection). Also, I'd hate to try and change the spark plugs; By the look of it, you would need to pull off a bit of gear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
roverX said:
That's why he has only had 3 posts since May 2005. He was on here just for business, which is cool, but you've got to have good customer service to follow it up. John, Adrian, and Jason rock at that! :buttrock:
very disappointed with this guys. There have not been 10 emails sent without a response: I answer approx 50-75 of them a day, it takes up every morningabout four hours. There may have been a couple that fell through the cracks but thats all, I know that for a fact and I fully admit that a couple per month may go unanswered.
The pictrues just show an example of one rangie, check out our gallery on our site: www.specialvehicles.com loads of p38's there too.
I wont respond to the direct "slagging off" i have read. It has to have substance to be effective and be adressed accordingly, not sound like some bitter web poster with nothing better to do.
What happened to people being "nice' and friendly. This is a departure from our usual range rover client base!

·
Registered
734 Posts
garland823 said:
that rangie looks like ricer boy poo.
The Rangie is not really my thing either. But, that is a bad ass looking Mini Cooper on the site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DallasRover said:
The Rangie is not really my thing either. But, that is a bad ass looking Mini Cooper on the site.
yep, our body kit is one particular look, not everyones cup of tea, look at our regular conversions though, i have attached a couple of examples.
glad you liked the Mini, that car had some trick work done to the engine and interior as well! I had some great fun delivering that car to our client in san francisco! :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wow guys, let's give him a break here... It's starting to sound like the 'other' forum.
All the mods may not be to your liking, but to each his own. This is his business, he has a passion for what he does and just wanted to share some of his work. :drink1:

·
Registered
8 Posts
ibjettin said:
Wow guys, let's give him a break here... It's starting to sound like the 'other' forum.
All the mods may not be to your liking, but to each his own. This is his business, he has a passion for what he does and just wanted to share some of his work. :drink1:
thanks for that, glad to hear im not just being heckled! We appreciate comments from those who have been to college.
anyway, the Range rovers we modify are all different, each to their owners tastes, some of them are not our particular taste, but they usually go with our suggestions along with their own personal touches.
By the way, our client base contains some of the wealthiest individuals, families etc in the US. Typically we do not even get "homeboy" inquiries as you put it, but heres one for you: I was asked if our company was like "pimp my ride", my response was "certainly not, how about "stealth my wealth", that is where we are coming from. lol. I think we'll keep that phrase, it sums it up pretty well.
By the way, we do not sell spinning rims, lift kits or put flames on vehicles as a rule, this our way of limiting certain inquiries and keeping our client base at a certain level.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hm,
Im not trying to be rude here, but what are the chances that all 10 of my emails were not answered? I put a subject as "interested in supercharger" or "questions about customizing my rover" each time. I think that shows that its not junk email... but no hard feelings if you can answer some of my questions now maybe?
-Andrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
98RRover said:
Hm,
Im not trying to be rude here, but what are the chances that all 10 of my emails were not answered? I put a subject as "interested in supercharger" or "questions about customizing my rover" each time. I think that shows that its not junk email... but no hard feelings if you can answer some of my questions now maybe?
-Andrew
hi andrew, there may have been a problem, that i know we have had before, with the website emailing section.all fixed now!
just got your other message, hope all is well
thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Special Vehicle Concepts said:
very disappointed with this guys. There have not been 10 emails sent without a response: I answer approx 50-75 of them a day, it takes up every morningabout four hours. There may have been a couple that fell through the cracks but thats all, I know that for a fact and I fully admit that a couple per month may go unanswered.
The pictrues just show an example of one rangie, check out our gallery on our site: www.specialvehicles.com loads of p38's there too.
I wont respond to the direct "slagging off" i have read. It has to have substance to be effective and be adressed accordingly, not sound like some bitter web poster with nothing better to do.
What happened to people being "nice' and friendly. This is a departure from our usual range rover client base!

Whoa there buddy, wasn't slagging off on you. Just made a comment about customer service being good for business.

Oh, and....um :rolleyes: ...I've been to college....even have a few degrees...or, maybe it wasn't me you were trying to slag on... :confused

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I hope you post more.
Dr. roverX :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
roverX said:
Whoa there buddy, wasn't slagging off on you. Just made a comment about customer service being good for business.

Oh, and....um :rolleyes: ...I've been to college....even have a few degrees...or, maybe it wasn't me you were trying to slag on... :confused

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I hope you post more.
Dr. roverX :D
:clap:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad to see this may be working out. Doesn't really matter what the guys current clientele prefers, if he has a product you like at a price you like and can give service you like whats the problem. I'm guessing that supercharger works just as good in a wheeler as it does in a Boulevard Bruiser, and thats all that matters. Some wheelers like brush bars others dont. It's basicly the same thing.

And I figured this out without going to College, cuz I is Intellygent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.