Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I vote for the black rims with silver trim. Just get the castor rims powdercoated black or if you go with steel rims make sure to get the wolf rims and not the cheap knockoffs (sorry Ryan!)... :D

·
2,986 Posts
John C said:
I vote for the black rims with silver trim. Just get the castor rims powdercoated black or if you go with steel rims make sure to get the wolf rims and not the cheap knockoffs (sorry Ryan!)... :D
:) i'm not running them yet, but for 20$/wheel w/ rubber, you cant beat it :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
rmuller said:
:) i'm not running them yet, but for 20$/wheel w/ rubber, you cant beat it :)
Yeah, and then how much for bearings, alignment, balancing, brake pads, tires, etc etc .... come on man, those rims will screw up your front end royally....... hahahaha....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LRDisco94 said:
yeah i would go for the steelies, but im workin part time - full time school - and i just spend $$ on OME kit i cant wait they should be in on friday:D
I wouldn't do line-x on the rims, powdercoat them.

Why did you go with the OME kit? Just curious.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the guy i bought the truck from said that i should probably buy some new shocks and springs and he said he bought OME and i look at his other disco and he said it gave it a bit higher stance...so i just went with the OME.....plus i didnt really see any other kits....i saw some blue springs on rovers north but they didnt have a name or price so i figured they were just stock......why are they bad ? ----ROOKIE HERE---- :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LRDisco94 said:
the guy i bought the truck from said that i should probably buy some new shocks and springs and he said he bought OME and i look at his other disco and he said it gave it a bit higher stance...so i just went with the OME.....plus i didnt really see any other kits....i saw some blue springs on rovers north but they didnt have a name or price so i figured they were just stock......why are they bad ? ----ROOKIE HERE---- :D
Not bad, I don't like the ride and stiffness, that's all...

Just for your information, Steve (MuddyOval) on this board can hook you up with the BB. DAP supports this site and has good customer service.

Also, Rovertym makes springs also that aren't as stiff as the OMEs. They also have great customer service and very knowledgeable.

I would suggest you determine what you are going to use your Disco for and then see what modifications you need.

BTW, great looking truck.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LRDisco94 said:
what is BB and DAP stand for :D

yeah i love my disco
Ball Buster, that's me..... no, it stands for Big Blues and DAP is the company where Steve works.

RTE stands for Rovertym and the owner is also called Steve....

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Dude don't worry about it. If you are new to rovers, then the OME's will suit you just fine. In a few years when you get more rover offroad experience under your belt, you'll know exactly what you want.

·
Registered
490 Posts
New to rovers... well in that case, the first thing I would do would be getting rid of that Roof Rack. I would be happy to take it off your hands. LOL

Just kidding.

That is fine looking truck as is, I am sure when you put those OMEs under her she will will stand a bit stouter. Good job on trimming that bumper. If you can tell from the pic, I did the same thing... almost seems like the right thing to do, like cutting the cord on a new born.

Now those rims, what ever you decide to do, take your time and prep the surface right. a little stuff here and there will help but it will flake and look bad before you know it. Some one else's quote... "if it is worth doing, it worth doing right". Powder coating and media blasting those rims would be a good start ($$$). If you take your time and cut that finish really good and use a good enamel paint (even rustoleum) you should have a finish you like plus easy to touch up if you get yourself into some messy stuff later one.

Nice Rover!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.