Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Matt, Disco I owner for 6 years now, just love this car.

.. Some fun in the sand (Jones beach 4x4 access)

.. (Day after a blizzard, found an empty parking lot and let her rip)

Hope you guys like :drink1:

·
4,576 Posts
Wow, very nice indeed. Welcome to the LRonly.com fam :drink1: ...thats a grat color man..there is another member here Seacaigh who was a DII in that color and it looks fab (speakin of which, he hasnt been on in a while)

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Nice ride! What are the poles sticking out of the front bumper?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
02disco2 said:
Nice ride! What are the poles sticking out of the front bumper?
Looks like some sort of hi-lift jack attachment (Terrain Master)... or maybe it's a torpedo launcher for those freaking yellow NY cabbies...

·
4,576 Posts
Ok, thats somethng thats been on my mind since i put the order in for my Hi-lift....on a disco with no exterior mods, where would i use the hiliftt...am i going to have to remove that plastic that runs on the sides?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Binary: Tough to use a Hi-Lift on stock Disco. You probably want to get the bumper attachment that Hi-Lift makes. It's essesntially a wide hook on a chain that will give you more options for jacking a stock Disco. They also make something called a lift-mate that fits onto the wheel. www.hi-lift.com

Militant: Once you start banging that thing around off road you'll want to get rock sliders & bumpers anyway,,, you'll get the bug. Then you can jack away to your hearts content w/out worrying about damage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are front mounted 70 cal machine guns. I shoot those nasty yellow's dead
No but really tho :D , my grandfather is a Metal worker and he was making me a custom brush guard, those are the mounts. Well we scrapped the project, but I left the mounts on because they look cool. Ive been wanting to go offroad for a while, but seeing that im still 17, I cannot drive anywhere myself to put her through her paces. When september comes, that shall all change :buttrock:

·
4,576 Posts
SCSL and everyone else, JC's the name. :wave: Thanks for the link! I can't believe I didnt think of this before. I have the hitch in the back so when changing rear wheels I'll use it there, as for the front, I have the spoiler with the fog lights so what I JUST went outside to inspect are those plastic pieces I mentioned, I'll remove them, cut out a section on the front on both sides, then use the same cutout with pin to cover the cut area :clap:

Hey Militant, I'm 18 and if you're ever in Florida with your truck write me up and we'll hit the trails! :buttrock:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SCSL said:
17? Do you have to be 18 to drive solo in NY??
Yep 18. But I started driving when I was 15, im basically a daily driver, with New York street training hehe, I look 18-19, I dont brake laws when drive on my own and im fine. My parents trust me with the Disco..

I know about watching it, since shes all stock, I got really scared right after drifting around in the snow, I thought that I broke something because she was pulling to the left.. luckily it turned out to be tire pressure..

Good News guys!

Me and my father picked up a Mercedes Ml 55 AMG.. Bad news he doesnt want to let me drive it much since it has 342hp and all =O....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.