Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the 20 dollar fogs i put in my 800 dollar bumper!!!! they fit perfectly, and they are pretty damn bright too!!!!

w/ lights off

w/ lights on

side view of my beast (pre-lift)

what she looked like a month ago!!!

sorry for the low quality...i hope yall like the pics!!!

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Ya gotta tell me which lamps those are- so next time someone wants some I'll know which ones to suggest.

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are called light force i think....they are the driving lamps. got them at wal mart!!! you like them steve? i do!!! i will doubd check on the model number and everything!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Looks good....Not bad for the price.....Keep on modding, your rover looks great!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Your truck is coming along great! Fogs look great, probably work better than the original Rover ones...

· Registered
490 Posts
During my last little "killing time" adventure to Northern Tool, I ran across a little light.... 100w comes in pairs, for $9. I thought about changing out those PIAAS and running these instead. They are pretty small and would work great as a back light on a rack. I will see what I can do for posting a pic.

· Registered
490 Posts
Sorry guys... I could not find a pic of them on the website. I will just have to run down and pick up a pair for the hell of it and show you. The first thing I thought of was... wow that is cheap... wow... small... 100w halogen??? would be nice on a rack rear facing.

· Registered
490 Posts
Here is a pic of some really cheap lights that seem to be perfect for rear facing lamps... you can how small they are and they come in pairs for 9.99.

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
I would tell you to go to Land rover lites but tbh I have seen so many front bumpers that have been damaged with front lites cracked as well from impacts I guess in that case cheaper is better.

· Registered
490 Posts
keptin said:
I bought my lights I have now from northern tool. 7.5in, 100watt......I recently "modified" them to make them look better.....I might soon replace the bulbs in them also.

That is good to hear... i was looking at those 7" Halogens. I thought about removing those PIAAs I have below the Hella and replacing them with the 7"s worried it would be too much... all those lights. so i bought those smaller Halogens to put up there instead... almost wanting to go ahead and replace those PIAAs with the 7"s and still put the small halos on the outside of the Bull Bar in front of the bumper... maybe

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
hehe, EE calls it the "spider look", and says "dont be a spider".....hardy har....it strangly reminds me of being shown this early 90's music-education video where the guy was rapping, saying, "Dont copy.....dont copy that floppy...". heh...I have no idea why.

EE and Ho and John are great and all....but they just seem like "the man". I wonder if they are forced to keep buying ARB and TJM bars because they sell them.....I bet they secretly wish they could buy RTE bars, or at least fabricate thier own. :D

....way off topic....anyhow, the 7" halogens were $9/each when I paid for them. I cut off the grills and then used rustolium to paint them....looks much better IMO.

and btw, Drum, those look really good.....I agree that it was better to go cheap....they might be in risk of being bashed out being that low, so it wont be so bad if you didnt blow a ton of cash on them.

Last post on this thread: http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7340&highlight=northern+tool

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keptin...don't bash TJM's. just cause they don't give the best approach doesn't mean they suck. and i did it for insurance purposes. my insurance company did not like the words "non-air bag compatible" although we know it does not reall matter. But i love my TJM and IMO i think the have ARB's beat by a lot. they are great looking and VERY functional. what kind of bumper do you have? hahahaha oh yeah, a cut up stock one!!! j/k dude...your rover rocks! btw...my cdl lock is awesome! thanks again for the plans:buttrock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.