Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my first Rover and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Rebuilt the master cylinder and front wheel cylinders today and got it all back together.
Next is getting the wiper motor, heater, and tail/brake lights to work.`
Working on a new coat of camo as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S3 lightweight

NICE ! I like the S3 Lightweight the best. Where are you located?

I'm in Northern California north of San Francisco. I'll post some pics when I finish the camo touch up.
Anyone have luck getting Nato Green in the states? Spray can would be good but I need something for the top as well. What type of paint is recommended for canvas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
At the risk of repeating myself; NICE!

There is a woman who sells all current and recent paint used by NATO, and US Military vehicles. It's been years since I've gotten a new issue, but she used to advertise in Military Vehicles magazine. Let me scrounge around and see if I can find her info.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's a pic of the new camo but it keeps evolving.
If it helps you the rule for British army camo is 2/3 green 1/3 black. All corners should be black to break up the outline of the vehicle. After that it is up to the artistic license of the sqaddy.

Oh, and nice truck by the way.

Cheers
Gregor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice. I keep changing it but at least it's easy with the rattle cans. I wanted to use flat paint but already it seems like it will be tough to maintain. I'm thinking I will hit it with some satin clear when I'm satisfied. Here's some updated pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TerryS,h I don't see that magazine on the stands in my area so if you can dig up the contact info or website, that would be great. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts