Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rangie that is..... didn't figure an old picture of me would peak anyone's interest! Just picked 'er up last week... 1990 RR, Colorado Silver. Now I can look forward to winter!! :clap:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Looks nice.... That is a clean RRC... Time to get it dirty.. Congrats..... :D

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I bought it for $1000 bucks and had to travel to Colorado (yeah, that didn't suck) to pick it up. She's pretty much stock for now... 162,000 miles and only some minor wear and tear in the interior. Overall she's in great shape for her age and I can see this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Couple of questions for you veteran RRC's out there though... Since I brought her home, the coolant/radiator light has begun to continuously "blink". Now I'm not overheating (the temp guage reads very normal), the fluid in the overflow tank is plentiful but I have noticed that the "wires" leading into the top of the overflow tank cap have corroded and severed off. Is this causing the annoying blinking, or is there something else I should be looking for. If this is the cause, is there a cost effective **cheap** fix?

Also the vent lever that moves the air from your feet to your windshield is disconnected somehow inside and the levers are stuck blowing heat on the windshield. Is there an easy way to get to the guts of the ventilation system to reconnect it?

Your insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
$1000... WOW!!! Wish i found that.. As far as the coolant light i had the same problem when i first bought mine. I cut rhe wire, put on new connectors and wallah!!!! I had everything in my toolbox.. That was all that was wrong with mine.. That was about 2 years ago..Where in Colorado did you find that?

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Disco said:
Well, I bought it for $1000 bucks and had to travel to Colorado (yeah, that didn't suck) to pick it up. She's pretty much stock for now... 162,000 miles and only some minor wear and tear in the interior. Overall she's in great shape for her age and I can see this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Woah, its just so cheap! Thats just amazing, that deal is better than most on e-bay! Just think, a whole RRC for the price of a winch.... :eek: :eek:

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Gillah11 said:
Couple of questions for you veteran RRC's out there though... Since I brought her home, the coolant/radiator light has begun to continuously "blink". Now I'm not overheating (the temp guage reads very normal), the fluid in the overflow tank is plentiful but I have noticed that the "wires" leading into the top of the overflow tank cap have corroded and severed off. Is this causing the annoying blinking, or is there something else I should be looking for. If this is the cause, is there a cost effective **cheap** fix?

Also the vent lever that moves the air from your feet to your windshield is disconnected somehow inside and the levers are stuck blowing heat on the windshield. Is there an easy way to get to the guts of the ventilation system to reconnect it?

Your insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!
I would fix the wires, if they are severed then that is your problem. Easy fix...

Now as to the vent controls... having personally taken the whole fascia cover off to fix a prior control problem, all I can say is be patient. The tabs on the fascia snap easily, there are numerous steps to getting the whole thing off.. it is a PAIN!

· 94 Defender 90
1,004 Posts
Gillah11 said:
Since I brought her home, the coolant/radiator light has begun to continuously "blink". Now I'm not overheating (the temp guage reads very normal), the fluid in the overflow tank is plentiful but I have noticed that the "wires" leading into the top of the overflow tank cap have corroded and severed off. Is this causing the annoying blinking, or is there something else I should be looking for. If this is the cause, is there a cost effective **cheap** fix?
The light blinks when the coolant is low. Since your sensor isn't there, it's no doubt thinking your coolant level is low. If you reconnect the wires the light should turn off. :)

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I have friends in Loveland....they never told me...... :D it's alright, i don't need another rover if someone else can get hooked..... So now back to roverx's question... :D Why didn't you post a pic with you and the rover?.... :cool: Keep on rovering

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Very nice .... That wasn't so hard was it? :D
I went back and looked again...That is a super clean rover......... I know when i got mine i had the biggest (not to mention dorkiest) smile....... You really scored a great deal :drink1: I am still jealious... and the pic is great...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.