Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics of your rig...let's see what you're driving

Saw this in the Series III section and thought it was a cool idea...

Here's my junk...

1988 RRC, call her Mary-kate (she's a puker)...Old Man Emu, Bilsteins, QT Services Diff guards, rebuilt BWO Sills, jotto desk (Sony VAIO with RAVE CD and Mapsource Topo), NRP Exhaust (soon to be re-routed through the rear 1/4), currently running 245/75/16 Mud Brutes...soon to be replaced with MT/r's and some 24 spline parts :D

after last weekends fun...

another

During the trip....

Before the trip

RJ

·
Registered
139 Posts
that is so bertha the cruiser...

TOZROVR said:
Saw this in the Series III section and thought it was a cool idea...

Here's my junk...

1988 RRC, call her Mary-kate (she's a puker)...Old Man Emu, Bilsteins, QT Services Diff guards, rebuilt BWO Sills, jotto desk (Sony VAIO with RAVE CD and Mapsource Topo), NRP Exhaust (soon to be re-routed through the rear 1/4), currently running 245/75/16 Mud Brutes...soon to be replaced with MT/r's and some 24 spline parts :D

after last weekends fun...

another

During the trip....

Before the trip

RJ

it is no junk.. show some of the pics you have of the rust repair.. :buttrock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are some pics of my 93 LWB, "The Jolly Green Giant" I took them on a camping/off road trip in northern VT last may. Since then i've removed or broken all the small lamps and have stopped driving it pending a radiator flush. The temp gauge jumps way up under normal driving and gets unsafe on the highway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Who did your rust repair? How extensive was the damage? My Disco is starting to look like a candidate for some new floors and maybe sills as well. My buddy just did his on his 90 RRC but it was only a temporary repair to get it driving again. Did you use land rover pre made pieces or fabricate your own?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colin S said:
Who did your rust repair? How extensive was the damage? My Disco is starting to look like a candidate for some new floors and maybe sills as well. My buddy just did his on his 90 RRC but it was only a temporary repair to get it driving again. Did you use land rover pre made pieces or fabricate your own?

We fabbed our own. http://www.endlessearth4wd.com/AAA/index.htm is the link to most of the pics...from page 2 on.

We're partnered with BWO and I got to work with Matt on the repair...basically I tore everything apart and got rid of the cancer, and Matt welded the new stuff back in, including the new sections of the lower doorposts.

They're in Kittery Maine, located about 10 Min from Portsmouth, NH. www.bwoverland.com

RJ

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Ants point of view... :eek: buy the way how much clearance do you guys and gals have from the floor to the diff? mines a wee bit over 9.5 inches.

·
240 Posts
2nd photo was my 1rst X-mas up in Lake Tahoe Nevada. Ummm it's somewhere in that white stuff...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Last time I was in tahoe.. barely saw any Rovers..

siam said:
2nd photo was my 1rst X-mas up in Lake Tahoe Nevada. Ummm it's somewhere in that white stuff...
Lots of old blazers and broncos.. but Rovers were a wee bit scarce. Glad you are keeping the faith.

·
Registered
139 Posts
my 1988

Lots of rust, 300k mi, old tired 3.5 that is still kickin.
OME MDs (shud do bearmachs), OME shocks (not impressed, overpriced), OME second shock kit in rear (useless dribble).
Brembo rotors (useless, overrated).
Dual Optimas, second batt kit from Painless (looks good and can jump every car in the neighborhood, but useless for my needs).
NRP overpriced exhaust, manifold back (good exhaust note though)
Jacobs Ignition kit. (worth every penny in gas savings)
K&N fad like everyone else intake (does little but sounds cool)
USW Wheels on 255/65/16 Cooper Discovery (best snow tire for the money, period)
Howe Racing radiator, Flex-A-lite electric fan (link much cheaper than the OEM alternative, pretty good results so far, all done just last week ).
ARB rear bumper (can't wait to get my welding skills better and make my own)

To be done in the next month- OEM POS heater core coming out been clogged for months, bypassed, got a flex a lite mojave going in, will fab in to a better location for easy maintenance/replacement.. window motor drivers side not working well, have new one. Rear cross member getting replaced, have new one, just don't want to blow myself up welding near the gas tank.

Also have steering relo kit from RN (way way overpriced), but do not like the cheesy zinc bolts and lack of good paint that will fend off rust. Have painted all the main pieces with Rust bullet and hitting with 3m rubberized undercoat before installing.

In the next six- have a line on a long block 4.6, building it up over the winter and putting it in, in the spring after the bumbs on the mountain and the snow in the woods melt away.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
azpaquin said:
To be done in the next month- OEM POS heater core coming out been clogged for months, bypassed, got a flex a lite mojave going in, will fab in to a better location for easy maintenance/replacement.. window motor drivers side not working well, have new one. Rear cross member getting replaced, have new one, just don't want to blow myself up welding near the gas tank.

I'm doing my heater core in a week or 2....Any pics of the rear ARB? (Kaymar?)

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
need it for the trailer hitch..

TOZROVR said:
Trade you a clean lower tailgate for the bumper ;)
I would trade it, but I need a trailer hitch. I had to cut out the old one to fit on the stupid ARB bumper. Damn thing was so poorly painted for NE winters.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
TOZROVR said:
I'm doing my heater core in a week or 2....Any pics of the rear ARB? (Kaymar?)
Kaymar does not make rear bumpers for the Range Rover anymore. :bawling: I saw one on a guys Landcruiser in Camden and was excited to get one, but when I contacted Kaymar they told me the bad news.

·
240 Posts
Today this small hill tomorrow the world ! Rovers Unite ! ahhhh too much Pinky and the Brain.. hehehe Keep on Rovering peeps . azpaquin, I only saw one Rover Classic up in Tahoe and he was happy to see another one driving by giving him the thumbs up.. TOZROVR, thanks that shot was taken last year after a nice snowy drive up to Tahoe. It's kinda cool since the Highway patrol was stopin' everyone to make sure they have chains but flashed me and on the loud speaker said " you in the Rover! you can go ahead! " :D
Who an I to argure.. yes sir i'm going !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts