Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Looks sweet. Much much of a lift did that give you? I like the bright ass yellow

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hey, looks awesome! I remember when I first got my OME lift, was tons of fun. Now all you need are the tires to match; also fix that draglink, its probably not worth having it bent; could prolly find one in a junk yard....

since you live in CA, you might be able to have one shipped from the LR junkyard I heard about in sacramento.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
I replaced the drag link on my first RRC.. it was only $115 for the part, new.. so go new..

Looks very nice!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
looking good!!! Now it's time to use it........ it's not bent.... it's "custom"...lol... :D

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Ares said:
Give RTE a call and get their steering and track rod kit as well as steering damper relocator and an OME damper. You'll be glad you did. They are worth the few bucks more.
What kind of improvements did you notice?

·
rovering??
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill look into the RTE .
the suspension feels so much harder... it brakes my back going over tiny speed bumps...
i need new tires.... now i am looking at 235/85-16 cooper discoverer ST..
but i think ill have to wait for some time... as the springs burnt a hole in my pocket...
so, about putting the springs in, i could'nt get the truck frame high enough on my mini workshop jack... and when i did.. the springs didnt budge...(tried doing all this one handed..) so i had to take it to the shop.. where i also asked him to replace the brakes.... front and back....that burnt another hole..
2 morro i am going to take it to my sisters place and check the articulation in her back yard as she has lots of tree stumps ,trunks and large rocks.....

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
1st rover said:
2 morro i am going to take my sister and check the articulation in her back as she has lots of tree stumps ,trunks and large rocks.....

Dang Nikunj...you should've called me. I would've helped you with the install for...what else??? Beer!!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
1st rover said:
the suspension feels so much harder... it brakes my back going over tiny speed bumps..
That will go away.. the more you wheel the softer they get..
You have a sweet RRC..... i just noticed how nice it really is..

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
1st rover said:
ill look into the RTE .
the suspension feels so much harder... it brakes my back going over tiny speed bumps...
i need new tires.... now i am looking at 235/85-16 cooper discoverer ST..
but i think ill have to wait for some time... as the springs burnt a hole in my pocket...
so, about putting the springs in, i could'nt get the truck frame high enough on my mini workshop jack... and when i did.. the springs didnt budge...(tried doing all this one handed..) so i had to take it to the shop.. where i also asked him to replace the brakes.... front and back....that burnt another hole..
2 morro i am going to take it to my sisters place and check the articulation in her back yard as she has lots of tree stumps ,trunks and large rocks.....

ahh, bummer......shops can eat you alive. If you have them yourself or have a friend with airtools you could go get some manual spring compressors for like $10/each. Helped a friend on a D1, was a 3 hour install with three people. Oh well, at least you got the brakes replaced; next time you need the rotors replaced take a look at DBA/EBC for preformace rotors; they arnt much more than stock.

·
rovering??
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funrover said:
That will go away.. the more you wheel the softer they get..
i am hoping for that... i will be doing that as soon as my mid terms get over....

Funrover said:
You have a sweet RRC..... i just noticed how nice it really is..
thanks for that... i know i am fortunate to have a RRC.
its not u who chooses and buys the car its the car that chooses u ...

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
keptin said:
next time you need the rotors replaced take a look at DBA/EBC for preformace rotors; they arnt much more than stock.
What kind of performance does those brakes provide over stock?

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
keptin said:
Helped a friend on a D1, was a 3 hour install with three people.

WTF?!?!?! :eek: With a D1 you don't need a spring compressor. As long as the damn shocks will stop rotating, you should be able to do each side - changing the springs and shocks in under 30 minutes. Next time call me. If beer is involved....I work hella cheap!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I have DBA rotors on mine, I thought was much better; enough to justify the extra $30/rotor. DBA is very pricy though, at $120/each rotor, ive heard great things with EBC but many bad things (ie. warping and others) about them too; they are less expensive; that was why I went with DBA--you get what you pay for.

I really do love them, but they come with downsides;

A; (fixable). I have yet to fix the minor squeeling problem, but now its so rare and ive gotten used to it.

B; with the fronts being vented, and all of them being cross drilled, it means extra work when you go in mud. It wasnt that bad because I have a pressure washer, but it adds to the list of things to clean.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
roverX said:
WTF?!?!?! :eek: With a D1 you don't need a spring compressor. As long as the damn shocks will stop rotating, you should be able to do each side - changing the springs and shocks in under 30 minutes. Next time call me. If beer is involved....I work hella cheap!
I dont know what you did that was different, but it would have been very difficult w/o spring compressors on the front. And yes, the damn shocks did keep rotating, were a pain to get out.... I belive the compressors helped a lot :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.