Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Series 3 guy said:
Wow,Beautiful scenery!!! BTW do you realise that it looks like your Disco is being eaten by a rather large Jabba the hut looking rock formation?
LMAO!!!!

That was taken at stumps cave in eastern kentucky, about an hour and a half east of Louisville. Took my dog and headed out this morning for the Natural bridge area. Did a nice loop of some trails in that area. Overall the trail conditions were pretty good except white's arch which is nearly impassible with all the rain and strong winds we have gotten. The scenery in this area is unbelievable, it keeps drawing me back time after time. Ended up with only minor damage on a trail called rattlesnake, I lost the drivers side mud flap, drivers front end cap, and left some paint from my roof on a tree....I guess the rattlesnake bit me. But the Land Rover worked flawlessly! If anyone in the Kentucky area is thinking about running the trails in the Natural Bridge/Gorge area, I highly recommend it. Everything from the sublime to the insane, well worth the drive. I'm tired but I had a great day, and so did my dog! :D

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Looks cool!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Funrover said:
Forest Service is closing down due to too many ******** trashing the place out. Actually, Im kinda glad. It really was getting ripped up. People littering everywhere. The Forest service also denied Heep Hamboree a permit this year. Hopefully, it will only be temporary and in a few years we can return. I still think there are other trails in the area open for offroading, but many of the goodones, like carberator hill and stumps cave are closed.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Carlos said:
At least found somebody else from MI, I though I was the only one around.

Carlos
I believe you're from Troy, MI, about 10-15 mins. north of me. Haven't talked to you in awhile.:wave: You and I should link up and try to find some trails around here in Southeast Michigan. I hear there's some stuff in the thumb by Flint. There is one trail by my house that is really tough and one trail in Monroe, I know of. :buttrock: I'll hit you up sometime.:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.