Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Looks good, I'm a big fan of plasti-dip. I've done 4 whole car dips and will be doing my 110 hopefully in the spring. I'm thinking Satin midnight black pearl.

Here is my MGB done up in color flip plasti-dip pearl.

· Registered
86 Posts
Army Rover, When you did the whole car how much plasti dip did it take. Thinking about dipping a 1990 volvo 240. I've dipped my LR3 wheels, grill, blackout hood and side vent but those are little jobs compared to dipping a whole car. Also did you have to wipe down the whole car with alcohol or something equivalent so the plasti dip sticks. Also how many coats. Thanks.

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
I do a wipe with Napatha thinner before I spray. I'm currently using a graco 2900 spray station and it is ok. I am hoping to get the DYC spray station for Xmas.

Each car and color will be a bit different for coverage. That color pictured above took 1 gallon of black, 1 gallon of red pearl and 1 gallon of color flip satin. So 3 gallons total and it's a small car.

I've never did a coat count, but I will tell you getting it to thin makes it a nightmare to peel. To do a full size car like the 240 I would figure for a matte black 4 gallons. I would spray every drop of it to, the more build up the easier it is to peel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.