Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 2005 LR3 200k developed a plastic clicking noise (tik tik tik) that increases in speed with acceleration. You cant hear it on the hwy but it is very loud below 30 mph. If I have the windows open it sound like its coming from under the front drivers side of the truck.. Its louder under hard acceleration.. I am driving so its hard to pinpoint. I did a visual inspection and cant see anything. It almost sounds like its picked up a piece of plastic debris and its flipping against a drivre train bolt as it rotates. Its not an engine sound I dont think.. and its not a metal sound like a bearing.. and I think to loud to be the timing chain.. really lost on this one.. also got a new noise from back of car that sounds like a rattling under the car.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like someone put a zip tie on your drive shaft. Hilarious joke for the monster, not so much for the confused motorist. Have had it happen to me a couple times.

·
very disco
663 Posts
haha that's awesome. the grown-up prank equivalent of playing cards on bicycle spokes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts