Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1998 Range Rover 4.6HSE. I have owned it since new, and I have taken great care of it. It is British Racing Green with Lightstone Interior. It is in incredible condition. Recently converted suspension to coils and springs.
Looking at a 2004 Disco HSE, silver and lightstone with almost no miles.
I can't decide whether to hold on to my Range Rover - it has 112,500 miles...or buy the newer one and have warranty etc. Please give me your opinions :eek:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd go for the Discovery.

The Discovery had lots of small changes made to it between 1998 and 2004 (the Series II years), and by '04 they'd ironed out all the bugs and packed it with extras and gadgets (especially in HSE-spec).

I'm assuming you're in the USA, in which case the Disco will have the same 4.6 Rover V8 that you've got in your Range Rover. You'll get an automatic gearbox with a manual transfer box, complete with the Central Differential Lock on the HSE. You also get all the electronic goodies like Electronic Traction Control, Active Cornering Enhancement, Hill Descent Control etc. etc. If you decide to venture into the wilderness, a 2004 Disco will go across any terrain you point it at in supreme comfort. I think the USA-spec Disco has coil-springs only, so it will handle excactly like your Range Rover.

What I'm basically getting at is that a 2004 Disco has so many improvments that it is just as good as the Range Rover was in 1998, probably better. Go for the Disco and get the warrenty, after-sales service etc. etc., you'll be pleased.

Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts