Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my landrover discovery 2 over heated, notice white smoke from the exhaust but the temp was normal, a few minutes later the temp gauge shot up. there is no antifreeze left in the reservoir ..... I checked the oil it looks normal , what could this be??????

· Registered
1,166 Posts
my landrover discovery 2 over heated, notice white smoke from the exhaust but the temp was normal, a few minutes later the temp gauge shot up. there is no antifreeze left in the reservoir ..... I checked the oil it looks normal , what could this be??????
You've blown a head gasket. Did you shut it off immediately when it overheated?

· Registered
1,166 Posts
You've blown a head gasket. Did you shut it off immediately when it overheated?[/QUOT:

:confused how did that happen.....
Could have been many things. Not a uncommon occurrence. Best case is just a garden variety gasket failure. Not so best cases would be a slipped liner or cracked block. But based on how quickly it happened, I'm betting on the gasket failure. My son's 1994 Honda Civic with only 80k miles blew a head gasket in EXACTLY the same way you described. When I pulled the head, the gasket was basically dissolving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.