Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· 1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen Im back with another issue.

I have a1993 range rover county LWB, I purchased another Seat ECU with the memory function and I also removed and cleaned my seat switches. The problem now is this: I can not take out the existing ECU . I have disconnected all of the connections excet the wide one. I was able to use speaker wire to raise the seat and move it back but that last connection is held up by some sort of clip and also the area where the tab needs to be depressed is covered by the seat frame. I can not get to it and dont know how to remove the clip without damaging the connections. My only option is to cut out the connections from the old ECu but i still wont be able to get to the clip. HELP!!!!!! !!

533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott..
Thanks for the reply....I was trying to avoid having to take the seat out but i know there are only four allen type screws holding it in place so I will do that right now........Another question: How do I access the xyz switch so I can change the old one to one I just purchased. I do not have a shop/lift so i will be getting under the car in the street.

Have you taken the seat out?

· Registered
14 Posts
Two sets of cheap plastic ramps laid on top of several 2x10s plus high-profile mode. Should be good for almost 2 feet under the transmission.

Be safe and disconnect the battery or put a set of jack stands on the frame before you climb underneath.

I have also seen the lazy/cheap technique of driving one set of wheels up on a 1-foot curb. I think it would be weird working at an angle though!

533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott: today I've tried to take the seat out and no go...I was able to get the front two screws out but when it came to the back I noticed there were 4 bolts ( 2 on each side ) and I think one of them is stripped......I couldn't get it out....so now I have to take it to the shop and have them do it.....nonsense!!!!..... Not what I was looking for....anyway I have to get another set of seat switches and the housing....worst case scenario is I can always get a memory seat switch from a 1992 to 1999 Mercedes Benz and shave off the last switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.