Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a LR3 petrol v6, 2005.
I have a massive problem starting it, everyone I turn my car on it starts up and then stalls. It will only start when you push the accelerator. Then it runs reasonable fine until you stop and idle and it can be very rough and has a few times stalled.
We have got new spark plugs, new crank sensor. Our mechanic has no idea what to do and doesn't seem like he even wants to try and still charges an arm and a leg. Please anyone had similar problems or knows anything? Also the HDC fault comes on from time to time then goes away???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You need a new mechanic that knows what they're doing. Not an uncommon occurrence. You need to find someone knowledgeable in European cars and preferably experienced in land Rover. Search locally for "European Car repair" and drive past their shops. If you see a few Rovers, that's your place.

Without diagnostics, it's a huge guess as to what your problem is. A code scanner can tell you generally where the problem lies. A good scan tool can show you live data from each system and sensor and pinpoint it exactly. If I had to make a WAG, I'd guess throttle position sensor, which I believe to be a not-unusual issue for this truck.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
The MAF can be another suspect but as said a proper diagnose with live data reading is the correct and direct way to the fault

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.