Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a letter from Land Rover North America today regarding a safety recall on fuel tanks. The models affected are Dicovery Series I 1994-1997 and Range Rover Classic Model Years 1993-1995.

What is the concern?
The letter states that cracks can develop at certain plastic "weld " joints on the top portion of the fuel tank on the underside of the vehicle.

What will Land Rover and your Land Rover Retailer do?

An autorized Land Rover Retailer will replace your fuel tank with an improved design free of charge.

What should you do?

Contact your local Land ROver dealer to schedule an appointment to have Safety Recall B156 completed.

How long will it take?

Approx. 2 hours - and it's free!

Feel free to contact Land Rover North America at: (201) 818-8500

Good luck!

·
Registered
490 Posts
What is this? My 1992 (Canadian version) County just started spraying fuel on the ground a few seconds after you start it, now I can't run it! It is running down the side of the tank, can't see the leak! Is there a chance this is the problem and can get it fixed free?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
troverman said:
(Canadian version) Is there a chance this is the problem and can get it fixed free?
Apart from daytime dunning lights, it's the same as a US version. It does have a 17 digit VIN, Right? If the car is standing still and fuel starts dripping only when it's running, it's the fuel return line, might be detached. In any case, yours is rightly due the corrected fuel tank as any other North American version.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Yeah I got the same letter yesterday as well.. 2 of em actually, one for each RR.... and they wanted to know who it was sold to if I no longer owned it. They (LR) are just trying to hedge against a huge lawsuit when one of the tanks goes kaboom...

Serg

·
Registered
490 Posts
Terry S-yeah it has DRL, and a block heater are the only differences I can see, plus some trim options not available in the US. Here's what happens: Start the engine, it starts very quickly. It runs well for a couple of minutes, then you'll notice a steady drip become a stream of fuel coming down the side of the fuel tank. Then I shut it off. I was assuming that it was only when the high-pressure pump in the tank built up pressure it leaked. I haven't driven it with the leak, so I assume it does it all the time, but the leak does stop, of course, when the fuel pump is shut off with the engine. How do I see if its the return line? I would prefer to fix a broken or loose line than have to get a new tank....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.