Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im new to the land rover world. Ive only owned toyota's that ive modified and my wife had to have a 01 disco so here we are. Just tried to buy some spark plug wires today and the stealership wanted $330.00 for a set of 8. WHEW! I knew these things were pricy, but dam. Any way, i didnt buy them. Just wondering if anyone has gotten them aftermarket or perhaps thru magnecore? Thanks and i look forward to being a regular. :drive:

·
Registered
29 Posts
First, welcome to this forum...... the best for Landy anyhow !
My opinion, if you cannot find an answer here ...... there is no answer !
Second, Where do you live ?
We could get spark plug wire from Car Quest here in town for less then 80.00 and that's in Can. $
So shop around or order across border.

Have a good day :drive:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks andre-georg. Ill check carquest. Im located in santa monica, California - Los Angeles. Ive definately looked around the net and this forum seems to be the spot. Awesome. Ive learned so much over the years at tacomaterritory.com, and a few others regarding the work ive done with toyota-specifically the tacoma 4x4, and have generally gotten great feedback as well as i have supplied the info and modifications that i have done as well.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The biggest problem you are going to have, is not the plug wires but the installation of them. The price you were quotes was most likely for the wires and labor.
Go out and take a look at your engine, you will see the wire go back behind the engine to 2 coil packs which are very hard to get to.
If you want to get great wires, go to this web site
http://www.offroadtuff.com/
and buy your self a st of 8mm Magnacor plug wires fo around $75 and then get back to us so we can tell you how to install them.
Mike J.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome, thanks mike. Seems like your the man here on the board. Actually the price was for parts only at the parts counter and they do look like a pain in the ass by the way they go behind the engine. Thx. Ill get a set of magnecore and let yall know how they go.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Boy,
Someone sure tried to put the screws to you on the price, last I heard factory wires were under $100.
Mike J.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i checked car quest and they had em for $77 bones, but i decided to go with the magnecore 8.0 mm for $75.00. They'll be here monday. I guess the stealership was living up to their name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.