Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that this has been covered alot on this forum and the other one I use however, I am in the market for new wires to go with plugs that Disco Mike has recommended to me, I am at a crossroad though.. Do I spend over $100 on a set of magnecore wires or go the route of the Kingsbourne in a 7 or 8mm for 1/3 the price? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I am still promoting STI or Magnecor 8 mm wires based on how they hold up. Although the Kingsbourne wires may be good, I do not trust a cheap set of wires to have the quality of some of the better wire.
So I still say STI or Magnecors. By the way, British Parts of Utah will ship the Magnecor wires for free if you mention my name.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i am still promoting sti or magnecor 8 mm wires based on how they hold up. Although the kingsbourne wires may be good, i do not trust a cheap set of wires to have the quality of some of the better wire.
So i still say sti or magnecors. By the way, british parts of utah will ship the magnecor wires for free if you mention my name.
x2

Though the mention of my name would yield zero results(jk). I do like Enzo though, he has been really good to deal with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and ordered the STI 8mm plugs for $40 with free shipping. Those along with the E3-48's put me under $100 which, is less than the $100 for the Magnecor 7mm. Can't wait to install this setup.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I've been using Kingsborne wires for around 35 years, they hold up at least as well as Magnecor
But if the STI wires are only $40 (must have been a sale price, web site currently lists them at $70), that's only $5 more than Kingsborne, so either is fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@antichrist- Are the Kingsbourne a 8mm? I didn't/ don't know enough about them to really consider them. I went based on a recommendation from someone I trust... The fun part is installing these on my own. Downloaded a step by step without removing the intake, should be a good way to spend a Saturday.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I also have the Kingsbournes. They are good wires at a good price. I paired them with the OEM Champion Copper core plugs. Engine runs much smoother now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts