Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I haven't changed the plugs and wires on my disco before. I'm used to there being a rotor and distributor cap, however I can't find one to order, is there such a thing on this engine? Does anyone have any tips on getting at the plugs at the back of the engine, or does it just take patience?

-Jesse

· Registered
1,506 Posts
96 and up DIs have a GEMS system (coil pack not dizzy)..

You'll need wires and plugs but no distributor cap and rotor.

If you are interested in Magnecor 8mm wires let me know and I'll give you the LRO member discount.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
plastic said:
Are the magnacor better than what atlantic british sells? And how do I order from you?
The Magnecors are better than stock. To order just click on our logo at the top of the page and give us a call for the special price.

· Registered
590 Posts
I wanted to put magnecores on my 2000 Disco but my mechanic frowned on them saying that they sometimes throw codes because of teh extra voltage.

Anyone here use them on a series 2 Disco? :dunno:

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
i recently changed my plugs and wires. it is very difficult but it can be done. it took me a couple hours. i did not want to take the manifold off to get to the coil pack so i did it all by feel and it took a little more time. i paid 312 bucks at the stealer for the wires...i wish i would have known that it was ok to get aftermarket wires. let me know how it comes out for you!!!
~~Josh

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Hailsharky said:
I wanted to put magnecores on my 2000 Disco but my mechanic frowned on them saying that they sometimes throw codes because of teh extra voltage.

Anyone here use them on a series 2 Disco? :dunno:
Haven't had any complaints, tons of folks use them on their D2s, D90s, D110s, RRs and a whole bunch of other brands.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drum655 said:
i paid 312 bucks at the stealer for the wires...i~~Josh
That's THREE HUNDRED AND TWELVE dollars for the wires from the stealer??? That's amazing, 80 dollars through atlantic british, or 100 from Napa.

-Jesse

· Mod. --- I'm watching you
319 Posts
Wow that's crazy I could have got you plugs, wires, and an air filter for about $110...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.