Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
actually you can use a DI key for a regular key basically a valet key key for a DII. We do them every now and then.

no programming required. Just cut and start.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
So all that jazz about a coded key and the 'challenge-response' of the alarm system before enabling starting is all a bunch of lies?

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muddy Oval said:
So all that jazz about a coded key and the 'challenge-response' of the alarm system before enabling starting is all a bunch of lies?

No, This Key is a Knockoff . Fake .
This key is made as a copy of the real thing for a different car . So you have a expencive LOOKing key for a cheap car :confused .

I will be craking it open and taking pics of me installing the guts on my original LR remote into it :) .

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Well actually the remote part of the key needs to be programmed. If it isnt it wont work and imobilize the security.

but understand this, they dont like to do it because it could cause problems if the vehicle is armed with a regular key.

Like I said as a spare temp key. Not a regular key for yourself.

I Dont recommend as a regular key

Sorry but I cant guarantee you wont screw up your alarm system using your own D1 key and try to use it to disarm the security system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.