Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading a thread (i think it was in the pic forum) it got me thinking about my first real off-road juant in my off-white Disco 1 (Sparticus or Sparky for short). be sure share yours.

March 13, 2005... My 19th birthday, I have had a 1994 Discovery, my first "car", for about a month and a half now. We barly knew eachother. Due to the seasonal rains, I hadn't gotten any real off highway action. I felt like a dog chained to a tree during mating season. I was yerning. I was ready. It was a warm, yet cool afternoon on the Californian centeral coast. It had stopped raining long enough for Rock Front Ranch, a nearby OHV park, to open its gates, revealing miles of trails nestled in its hills. I had with me a park map, case of Mountain Dew, and no idea what this short, yet momentous adventure would turn me into.

*cigar puff*

I crusied down the main road, passing up a trail head or two. I finaly came to a trail that went off to the right. It started out crossing over and though a small creek. I very much enjoyed driving through water, I'm not sure why... (i made that part up :) ) Not long after I drove past what seemed to be a good camp ground, there was a fork in the trail. The map didn't show what went off to the left. I figured I would check it out. After crossing over the creek a few more times, I came upon a dead end, and an excellent shooting spot to take my newly aquired 30-30 lever action. Noted. As I turned around to travel up the marked trail, it quickly turned into a very steep hill climb, with an almost gravel like cinsistency. My first attempt resulted in an attempt to cross slowly sideways over a rut, resulting in wheelspin. After wearily reversing back to the bottom of the hill, I remembered the differential in the transfer case. Now locked and with a bit more momentum, Sparky powered gracefuly up the trail. When I got to the highest point of the trail, I climed onto the roof, popped myself a Dew, while the radio played a very appropriate Voodoo Chile, by Jimi Hendrix. Which instantly became Sparticus's theme song.

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn thats got to be fastest reply i've seen in years. but thanks. and i forgot to mention, it's suposed to be read like how Ron White's cousin described hunting. (see Blur Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again)

and sorry but no pics, i didnt have a camera at the time. the only pic i have is the one in my avatar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.