Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help I overhauled a 96 Land Rover discovery SE7 with manual transmission. I took the engine and transmission from this truck and put it in an 97 disco automatic that had a bad engine and transmission. The truck runs fine while its sitting and when I drive it cold. But once it gets to normal operating temp it acts like it does not want to go. I get popping threw the intake and it looses power I have to keep on down shifting to get speed back up then it just quits. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hi Doc.welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties.
I would say get back to the basics (engine light/ fault codes, firing order, etc.)
Have you considered exhaust restriction from the failed motor?
The more information you supply, the more we can likely help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I see this is an old post, but I iam having a similar issue. 1989 Classic. All of a sudden popping in intake when I need power. It will cruis at 70 fine, but going from secnd gear to third igf I push accelerator at all it popps and will even shut down for a second. Seems like a fuel issue. New pump, new regulator, new stepper, TPS seems fine, MAS checked out fine, good compresion in all 8. I can't figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.