Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well in between the rain showers today I finally got the cutting on my wheel arches done, and figured I would post some poser pics of my new tires. :D
No rubbing at all under full flex even without swaybars!
So if anyone is wondering in the future...YES a 245/75-16 will fit on a stock D1!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Very Nice...Looks great!!!!!!! I love the shots..Keep on wheeling!!!

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OkieRover said:
So how much did you cut and where?
Can you post a pic or two of that?
Well I guess that's good that you can't tell where I cut. But seriously, I just trimmed the back edges of the rear wheel wells. If you look at the area just before the rear mud flaps, that is where the trimming was needed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Badger1 said:
If you look at the area just before the rear mud flaps, that is where the trimming was needed.
I had to trim the same area even with my 3" rte.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Badger1 said:
:eek: What size tire did you go with?
245/75/16 bfg a/t's with about 60% tread, same size as yours. These are just to hold me over until I can afford to go bigger.

I'm curious now Badger. Could you have gone any farther on that mound, or were you starting to spin?

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monty said:
245/75/16 bfg a/t's with about 60% tread, same size as yours. These are just to hold me over until I can afford to go bigger.

I'm curious now Badger. Could you have gone any farther on that mound, or were you starting to spin?

If I had lowered the tire pressures and locked the diff in low, I am sure I could have gone all the way up. I was basically just doing that to check for any rubbing. Next time I am down there I will check! :D

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Good looking shots! Thats is quite a bit of flex on a stock D1. I am wearing 265/70/16 (2001 D11) at the moment...not much off roading .....however no rubbing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.