Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have a '97 XD and I'm trying to diagnose an issue I'm having with it. It only happens after the engine is good and hot. When I shut the engine off and then go to start it back up, sometimes the engine will start up rough and the RPM's will be extremely low, basically stalls out. The best way to describe it is the engine sounds like it's flooded and shuts off. In order for me to get it back to normal, I push the RPM's to 1200 for a few seconds and its normal. Could this be a bad fuel sensor? I've replaced the plugs and wires but not the coil pack.

Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my 96 Discovery. Would crank perfectly when cold, could run for 30 minutes or so and get really good and hot, turn off and let it sit for a few, then it would take forever to start and act like it was flooded. What mine ended up being was bad fuel injectors. They would leak down pressure and dump raw fuel into the cylinders. Luckily I knew a guy that sold me a set of good used injectors and it solved the issue. Wasn't worth new ones though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.