Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 1999 Disco 2. I have been driving and building BMWs for well over a decade and this has a similarity to the bavarians of the same era. It came equipped with the 10 speaker HK system.

The reason this is intriguing is as follows:

There is a gentleman who knows his stuff when it comes to stereos, and has been dealing with them since the 70s. He is also into BMWs and this is how we met. He has owned and managed audio shops and has now setup his own business catering to the BMWs. Long story short, he has made a crossover network, using the factory speakers (HK and others) with only the head unit and an amplifier added to the system with phenomenal results.

I believe that our systems are just a smidge different than the BMWs. If this is the case, I could convince him to research, produce and stock these crossover networks for our 10 speaker HK equipped Disco 2s.

I would like to gauge an interest level and/or start a discussion...

This is their site - German Audio Specialties - BMW Car Audio & Subwoofers | German Audio Specialties

This is their facebook - https://www.facebook.com/germanaudiospecialties

This is info about the PCN - HK Passive Crossover Network for BMW E46 (1996-2003) - German Audio Specialties

A picture of their lovely invention:

· Registered
35 Posts
this forum isn't used that as much as the landroverforums.com but it can be slow there too sometimes.

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
High end audio for home and car is a dying market. I was around back when ADS 2002's and Nakamichi 500's were all the rage in early BMW 320i's. (In fact, I own a couple of pair of Soundmatters speakers designed by the creator of the ADS 2002 and they're hooked up to my desktop computer.) Sadly, MP3's and high end are mutually exclusive. Trying to achieve high end audio with the compressed messes that are our current formats is like trying to get cooked spaghetti to stand upright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.