Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the sunroof glass and repair the tracks without taking out the headliner?

I've searched and searched - can't find the answer. I know it's simple for a P38 and even Rovers North said the tracks are the same, but I can't seem to find a way to remove the tracks.

Please help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pull the headliner......the sunroof is a unit
Update: I spent last Sunday taking the assembly apart and glass out. It did NOT go well. Not only were there numerous little broken bits from the tracks that came out, but I broke a few brittle pieces pulling it. Even though I ordered replacement bits from Valea auto parts (the sunroof units on the RRC's are the same as the P38's - per my conversation with Rovers North)

Long story short I've rarely been defeated as I was with this project. Threw in the towel for the first time on this Rover and brought it in to the shop. Luckily they had an entire assembly sitting in their shop for 7+ years when the new owners bought their indy Rover shop in Atlanta and they gave it to me for free. Big shout out to David and Brett at Bear Valley Rover. Paid labor and I'm back in working order.

The roof never sealed since I purchased it, but now it's an air tight seal and I must admit the cabin noise has reduced significantly. Absolutely worth it. I also scored some cup holders from a parts Disco on their lot, painted them walnut brown and installed them - looks like they came standard from the factory!

·
HeadlinerExpress
253 Posts
If I can help in any way please email me, text or Call I can answer any questions you may have with Sunroof repairs on the RRC, P38, Discoverys .I can walk any of you through the repair process over the phone. Place yourself in your Land Rover you become my eyes and ill become your knowledge. Glad to hear you got your Classic Sunroof back and working. Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts