Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I was just trying to find out if there is anything maintainance wise that I should be doing or watching out for after wading in my LR? I have a grouping of incredible trails very close to where I live that hit two or three times a week that involve a fair amount of wading, the depths vary but the deepest I encountered today( a little higher than the wheel arches on a stock D1). I have already extended ALL the breathers, and I change axle,trans,Xcase oil every 3-6months depending on the amount of time I play in the rivers. What about the swivel balls(grease) or anything else for that matter.
Thanks for the info. Badger1

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I will write a significant post on Wading in the Offroad Forum ASAP, which will cover things such as 'Preparation' prior to, as well as Post Wading. Wading is a hazard, that can virtually destroy your vehicle inside as well as out, and should be only attempted in emergencies, that is, if there is no other way around the water crossing, or turn back is no longer an option. I'm not suggesting that it's not fun to power through puddles, spraying sheets of water high into the air. It's also a great 'spectacle' thing for your buddies to observe, but think of this, even in shallow puddles, water can splash up into the engine bay where it can short out electrical components. If I'm not mistaken, your ECU is in the engine bay? If you get any water ingress into your engine....... :bawling:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.