Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever powder coated thier rims. I would like to do mine in black are dark grey but I have not found anyone that has had it done. A few quetions I have are:how durable are they, do they throw the wheel balance off, and i guess the most impotant question would be how much does it cost? I remember someone on this forum that had this done but I can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Perhaps these are what you are looking for. When I was looking for 8" rims, no one was producing a decent set, so I chose a 15" rim and had 16" Range Rover rims machined to 15", then welded into the rims to provide the correct offset required. I then had the rims powder coated in black. I finished it off with chrome dress rims around the outside of the rims. It doesn't affect the wheel balance and are very durable.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
I dono if this will help you .

But I had my rims powder coated for my Talon .

The ride was nice and the car did not shim or vibrated at all even at 120mph .

Here are the pics of the rims as soon I got them home from the powder coating place . http://tsiart02.tripod.com/new_stuff.htm
Total cost of the sand blasting and him using his powder to powder coat them was $200 for all 4 .

My bro did something simular , but he had 2 leayers or you can call it two coats of different powder , and they are chiping off and got wavy from the heat .

He had silver as first coat , and then he had Tint powder on top of that , and that tint dose not really like to much heat , also more then one coat the powder coating guy said that the powder gets weak and will chip easear .

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think that OriginalRoverdude has some powder coated rims, check it out in the show it off thread Alive..... they seem to be black. They look good too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.