Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my driver's door power lock not working. It does not respond to the lock switch on the dash. I can, however, lock and unlock all the other doors when I lock and unlock the driver's door with the key.

Somewhere I read that there is a little spring or clip or something on the locking mechanism that breaks and this prevents the actuator from working. I can't seem to find this thread now. Can anyone point me to that?

Thanks,

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Side note: I notice a lot of folks asking for help, with not too many responses. Is the LR community not so tight in North America?
We've been spoiled by a couple of very capable and prolific contributors to this forum, and right now one of them is missing. Off tending to other matters of life, if what I read is accurate.

Back to the subject, I've tried taking apart a spare non working tail door latch to harvest parts from. If the construction of the front door latch is similar, I don't see being able to get it apart without destroying it, so fixing it may be out of the question. That leaves a used spare part, which may have a short life span, or a new one, which is pretty expensive.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't followed up on it yet. I have other fish to fry on this truck right now, and it's not a critical problem.

If it were easier to get these actuators apart, fixing them could be fairly simple, but there are a number of very brittle plastic tabs holding it together that break off if you try to release them, and one or more starlok nuts that are hard to remove as well.

In the end, I will likely spring for a new actuator. The driver's door is the most used lock on the truck, and a used one will have a limited lifetime. If it were one of the rear doors or the cargo door, I'd go used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.