Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So the power mirrors on my 2010 LR4 have just stopped folding in when I lock and unlock, I can however adjust the mirrors from inside the car. It could be related to the amount of mud it was covered in the other day but Im not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Guy

·
Expert Crate Digger
424 Posts
Slowly give ‘em a push inward.

·
very disco
2,815 Posts
Did you happen to pressure wash the heck out of it when removing the mud? It’s possible there’s a fuse controlling this.

I had a previous vehicle where the mirrors would stop folding if they weren’t where they were expected to be. I could bend them all the way out, then fold them straight with the switch…

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you happen to pressure wash the heck out of it when removing the mud? It’s possible there’s a fuse controlling this.

I had a previous vehicle where the mirrors would stop folding if they weren’t where they were expected to be. I could bend them all the way out, then fold them straight with the switch…
I did pressure wash it yes but nothing too crazy... I looked and reseated the central locking fuse (it was still ok) but no joy, I will probably have to take it into the shop... :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would check the fusebox before taking to the shop - I think it's
spot 32 or 40 in the box located in the lower part of the passenger area.
If you had mud blocking the movement, it may have burned the fuse.

That would be more likely than a computer issue and it would be very unlikely that you damaged both of the mechanical actuators simultaneously.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would check the fusebox before taking to the shop - I think it's
spot 32 or 40 in the box located in the lower part of the passenger area.
If you had mud blocking the movement, it may have burned the fuse.

That would be more likely than a computer issue and it would be very unlikely that you damaged both of the mechanical actuators simultaneously.
Ok changed the fuse today and still no luck... :(

It so odd that they both work but they are both floppy with no resistance when I try fold them, both of them 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you tried to fold them using the buttons in the cab?

No resistance makes me think that there is a problem with the servo in the mirror... but each mirror has it's own servo so you would have had to break them both?

listen at the mirror itself and see if you hear any clicking, whirring or grinding that would indicate mechanical movement of the servo.

You might be able to remove the mirror housing and visually inspect for damage to the servo and connectors.

If you are up for it, measure resistance or look for current at the wire junction block... With my LR2 this required removing the inside door panel. I don't know about the LR4 but I imagine pretty similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried to fold them using the buttons in the cab?

No resistance makes me think that there is a problem with the servo in the mirror... but each mirror has it's own servo so you would have had to break them both?

listen at the mirror itself and see if you hear any clicking, whirring or grinding that would indicate mechanical movement of the servo.

You might be able to remove the mirror housing and visually inspect for damage to the servo and connectors.

If you are up for it, measure resistance or look for current at the wire junction block... With my LR2 this required removing the inside door panel. I don't know about the LR4 but I imagine pretty similar.
I cannot fold them from inside, do you mean like a button ? I can still control therm, make them higher, lower etc... they just dont fold they are lose enough that they move if I go over a bump and there is no resistance when i push them in or out.

Surely this has to be where they both connect to the onboard computer or what ever it is that tells them both to fold in and out when the cars central locking is activated.

Its very odd.

·
very disco
2,815 Posts
Sounds like it might be time to either remove the glass and/or assembly and put eyes on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can fold the mirrors electronically from inside the car by pushing both the left hand and right hand selectors for the mirrors at the same time. Ie. the buttons that you push to select which mirror you want to adjust.

Hope it helps,

stu

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can fold the mirrors electronically from inside the car by pushing both the left hand and right hand selectors for the mirrors at the same time. Ie. the buttons that you push to select which mirror you want to adjust.

Hope it helps,

stu
Stu.

YOU ARE A LEGEND !

I folded both the mirrors in and out from inside and then locked the car and it was fixed ! The mirrors folded in !

Its amazing, i owe you one.

Thank you

Guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
No sweat Guy,

Just glad that you got them working, there's nothing more niggling than something that should work and suddenly doesn't.

It's going on my 10 things you must know about your LR4 video that I'm in the middle of.

Also where did you get that bull bar? It's an interesting option.

Stu.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also where did you get that bull bar? It's an interesting option.

Stu.
So the bull bar came with the car when I bought it last year. Its apparently an LR4 bull bar but they custom fabricated the flat metal into it leaving a cut out for the light bar and some air holes. All the parking sensors are custom installed into it too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts