Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it is possible ..if you have ample of power to your wheels but i was surprised ... last nite i was driving back home .. and at this right turn i just decided to step on it as soon as i neared the apex .. and you will not believe me when i say power slide.. yeah it was all four wheels spinning...
i stopped after a few seconds and got dowm and looked back i could clearly see four tire marks.. i was totally surprised that my big tank could do this .. i only thaught that small ,light and power full cars could.. but i guess i was wrong...

· Registered
424 Posts
generally rovers will understeer, and understeer, and understeer. The power is biased to the front, and they are heavy as hell. I would not make this a habit. If you happen to lift the throttle a touch too early, itll kick back and roll over.
Honestly, i don't think it would be fun to do it in a rover anyway.

Don't you watch the esuvee commercials?

· Registered
641 Posts
I got my LWB to powerslide pretty good once. All it took were shoddy tires and a wet road. I did basically the same thing where i gassed it in the middle of the turn and she broke free and spun all four for a second before the open diffs caught up and spun one wheel. years later in the snow i got her to spin around nearly 720 degrees on an icy road and ended up half on a frozen pond. The jerk in front of me decided to do an e-brake turn into the school driveway while i was going straight and i panic stopped and cut the wheel. I would've only spun once but my arb bumper caught on a telephone pole and sent me around again at really low speed across the ice. :rellye :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.