Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all :wave:
I'm new to the Rover- I bought a used '01 Disco II up here in Iceland with a snorkel and lift for some of the wild off-roading out here. I noticed my power steering fluid is leaking so I poked around the forums here and it sounds like I might have to replace the steering box but I figured I could try just dumping some Stop-Leak into it. It looks like it's leaking where the arm goes into the box itself where the intertwined teeth are. I'm no licensed mechanic but I like messing around on cars and I've got an auto shop I can use with all kinds of tools and lifts, etc. Is it a pain in the @ss to change out the steering box?? I've got one of those CD work manuals coming so hopefully there's something in there...anyone got a good site for a good price on a steering box?
I've seen a few posts on draining the steering fluid too and neither I, or anyone else around the shop, could figure out how you get the fluid out of the resevoir. Any help on this one??
Thanks for all the help in advance! This forum rocks!!

D :buttrock:

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Welcome to a great site! :wave: How much ps fluid is it leaking? Every Rover I have owned has leaked enough fluid that if I left it sit for 24 hours it would leave a spot on the ground, I just never worried about it. Unless it is pouring out of the seals and you need to top off every day IMO don't worry about it, just check the fluid levels often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.