Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Download the RAVE manual and it will walk you through the steps.

You'll have to use vehicle-specific parts as off-the-shelf components won't work. The feed hose has too many bends in it and the return hose has a metal hose pressed into the end of it. BP Utah and Atlantic British have all the parts you need. Not too cheap - about $100 for the pair.

·
Registered
115 Posts
To do the return hose (reservoir to bottom of pump) you need to pull the fan, belt, ac compressor, ace pump, idler pulley. This is just to get the pump and bracket off so you can get the the hose clamp on the bottom of the pump.
You will need to order a hose.

·
Registered
380 Posts
To do the return hose (reservoir to bottom of pump) you need to pull the fan, belt, ac compressor, ace pump, idler pulley. This is just to get the pump and bracket off so you can get the the hose clamp on the bottom of the pump.
You will need to order a hose.
Nope, you can wiggle your hand in there, I did it last month. It was an easy, fast job, replacing all the rubber hoses without removing any of that. Now if you were doing the hard high pressure lines I'd say remove some things. No mistakes can be made, the hoses are both different sizes.

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Strictly speaking, pulling the fan, compressor, idler pulley, and belt (and ACE pump, if applicable) is a VERY quick and easy job. 1 nut on the fan, 4 bolts on the compressor, release belt tension, then 1 bolt on the pulley. Shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes and it's well worth it if it gives you clearance to get to what you need.

Word to the wise, DO NOT remove the pressure lines from the compressor. With the 4 compressor mounting bolts removed there is enough slack in the lines to simply swing the compressor away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where would I find a in line filter of ther PS pump

My LR2 has developed a loud whinning noise with jerking of the steering wheel while driving. Teh PS fluid is circulating. I had the system flushed without success. Im replacing the PS pump now. Is there a way to find out if there is a in line filter that might be blocked? Ive traced all the hoses and not found a filter so far. Also is there a was to flush the hoses to make sure there is no blockage of any kind?

·
Registered
172 Posts
My LR2 has developed a loud whinning noise with jerking of the steering wheel while driving. Teh PS fluid is circulating. I had the system flushed without success. Im replacing the PS pump now. Is there a way to find out if there is a in line filter that might be blocked? Ive traced all the hoses and not found a filter so far. Also is there a was to flush the hoses to make sure there is no blockage of any kind?

Wrong forum

Mike Russell
Age 18
2003 discovery se
Lover of Rovers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.