Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I love my 97 Disco to death but lately it's been acting just awful. It has the usual oil drips but I've got a worsening power steering fluid leak - like it empties every couple months. I'm having it checked out by my certified Rover mechanic [he's dealt with the problem before, but it wasn't this severe, and the problem was that the metal clamp had loosened up]... Disco has about 84,500 on it - I am assuming it is a hose problem, in which case I can get all 3 steering hoses for about $100. Anybody had this done? Labor cost estimate please!? Like I said, I love this truck, but next time I'm getting one with warranty remaining. Also, the power seat switch quit working only in one direction, others work - should I plan on buying a new switch or might something be dirty? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
72 Posts
power steering fluid loss

The 97 300 series1 disco is a fairly easy car to work on (you don't have to be a rocket scientist)they are pretty rough and ready,thats why I am going to keep mine untill it dies. Anyway back to the problem, changing the oil lines from the power steering reservoir to the p/p is not very difficult even for a person with no mechanical knowledge. What I would suggest is you look on the internet www.haynes.co.uk and buy a manual they are really good and only cost about $25. You can't go wrong it will repay itself with your first fix. :clap:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.