Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

Right, I am about to order some stuff from paddock spares in the uk and would like a pro to help me with my shopping list for my 96 disco 1 SE7;

First job : Front steering is way too sloppy, I need track rod ends, steering damper and ................................

Second job : I need to get a new rubber doughnut for the joint between the rear propshaft and the diff, also the metal flange on the diff needs replacing + new bolts, wny thing else for this sort of job.............

3rd job : My kick down is wierd, I recently discovered thqt the cable was un attached at the throttle end of the cable so I will re attach it, however I cannot see an adjustment or where it connects at the gearbox end ? any suggestions or pictures available for this area would be appreciated as my wife would like to have this working.

Next job : drive it without moaning that the steering is wandering allover the road, it wont kick down and the vibration that I get when I come off the gas will go away when I do the new doughnut and bolts so there is no balance issue on the propshaft.

I am sure there is more but I will saéve that for next time,

If anyone can help with advice on any of these areas I would appreciate it.

Best regards, :drive:

John C
1996 Disco SE7
Epsom Green / Beige Int.
SALJY1246TA177968

· Registered
528 Posts
john, let me know how that doughnut works out, it might be whats wrong with mine. I get terrible vibrations under 20mph when i let off the accel, almost a grinding.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK will let you know, I did not realise I needed it but I had a bad vibration recently simular to yours, only also at higher speeds, thought it was a loose baffle in the exaust, when it was on the ramp the exaust guy pointed out that the doughnut was completly destroyed hence the vibration,,, has it replaced but need to do the flange and replace the bolts as they were damaged by the obvious grinding action that took place, thats why I believe mine is still vibrating, I could be wrong !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.