Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened today: Daughter driving, car had steam coming from Heater vent in dash, coolant on passenger side carpet. Thankfully, she shut it down and now I'm getting ready to get in there and see if it's the core or just the o-rings. Anyone know how to diagnose which? Note: I've already previously cut my way in with a Dremel to fix the stupid blend motors, so should be easy access. I will report on progress. :eek

Car: P38 1999 4.0 GEMS with 200k miles.

Note: Again, why in god's green earth has no one changed this forum to be P38's only??? Gawd, I hate reading unnecessary crap about cars that are not relevant to me. Isn't that the whole point of a forum? I ask you ...

Kevin in Minneapolis
kevin at dokdoc dot com

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 2000, so I'll be curious how it goes for you. Do some pictures so I can get an idea of what lies ahead for me some day...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to. Gotten a lot of help here in the past, so now it's my turn to help. I guess.
Anyway, I put in new rubber O-rings, but it still drips, so now I'm shopping for a new or refurbed heater core.
Thing is, it can be a huge job if you're not willing to mutilate some (unnecessary) parts under the dash.
My car is worth around $1500 in today's market, so I really don't care at all. If you do care,
you'll be in for 25+ hours of suffering. Will advise as I progress.

For more direct info, (Because I don't spend a lot of time here) you can email me:
kevin at dokdoc dot com.
Good luck. KO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.