Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rover has bit the dust sadly and a deal for a new car fell in my lap and I've (painfully) decided to part with my Disco 2. I was just wondering what you guys think the ladder and roof rack would be worth. The roof rack seems to have been painted by the previous owner (as was much of the car for whatever reason). If youre curious what failed it overheated and the the sleeves are slipping + needs a headgasket swap.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The ladder is worth $50 bucks. Lamp Guards $25 each. Roof rack maybe $500 depending if it's a Safari, Voyager or Rovers North.

It looks like you have a Kalahari Edition. There were only 200 or so manufactured. It's a 2002 right? How many miles/km on your truck? What is wrong with Rover that you are selling or scrapping it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ladder is worth $50 bucks. Lamp Guards $25 each. Roof rack maybe $500 depending if it's a Safari, Voyager or Rovers North.

It looks like you have a Kalahari Edition. There were only 200 or so manufactured. It's a 2002 right? How many miles/km on your truck? What is wrong with Rover that you are selling or scrapping it?
Sleeve is slipping + blown head gasket + pretty rusted on the bottom. Thats why I'm likley selling it. Yeah its an 02, has 270K miles on it which is pretty wild to think about. I'm told the rack is a D2. I bought the car used so I'm not exactly sure what model it is sadly.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sleeve is slipping + blown head gasket + pretty rusted on the bottom. Thats why I'm likley selling it. Yeah its an 02, has 270K miles on it which is pretty wild to think about. I'm told the rack is a D2. I bought the car used so I'm not exactly sure what model it is sadly.
It's a limited edition 2002 Kalahari and only around 200 were offered for sale. Probably less actually exist today.

They are a "niche" vehicle in the Land Rover "cult". Please don't get rid of it because of a little rust. Did the mechanic tell you this? Did you get a second opinion? Someone else please chime in here this guy is about to scrap a Kalahari.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a limited edition 2002 Kalahari and only around 200 were offered for sale. Probably less actually exist today.

They are a "niche" vehicle in the Land Rover "cult". Please don't get rid of it because of a little rust. Did the mechanic tell you this? Did you get a second opinion? Someone else please chime in here this guy is about to scrap a Kalahari.
I dont intend to scrap it. Scrap yards give almost nothing for cars anyway. The mechanic offered me $450 for the whole thing which I feel is them just lowballing me so they can resell it later for 4-5x profit. I intended to bring it home and at the worst, sell to another person.

·
very disco
640 Posts
those bits are worth far less on the market than they are on your truck.

modern LR vehicles are nothing like our discoveries, and the pendulum is finally starting to swing the other way and they're appreciating in value. if that's a kalahari, it will appreciate 5x faster than any other disco.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

modern LR vehicles are nothing like our discoveries, and the pendulum is finally starting to swing the other way and they're appreciating in value. if that's a kalahari, it will appreciate 5x faster than any other disco.
20-30 minutes ago in the coffee shop parking lot I came back out and a well dressed guy in a new looking Aston Martin was walking around my car inspecting it. I went to get in and he's very friendly asking me all kinds of questions. He said he remembered these Rovers and hasn't seen one in forever and doesn't want to buy a new one because "they just don't look the same anymore" and "that's the real deal right there". Had another guy recently say the same thing. Am getting people coming up to me asking about the car which is pretty unhheard of these days because anyone with a pulse can get a car loan to by whatever new car they want. When I told the valet guy you could get one for around $1,000 he was holding me up with tons of questions. Had some lady exclaim "hey I remember those hey you don't see too many of those around anymore" . I get comments all the time now.

"Bad ass Rover"
"omg thats so cool What kind of car is that?" (asking guy she is with)
"That thing looks way frikken cool"
"I want one of those!"
"Nice Jeep"

Also - I drive months without seeing older Rovers around anymore. Now is definately not the time to sell unless you have to.

·
very disco
640 Posts
@beerover574

despite how many women want to sleep with WLA on account of his disco, i would urge you to restore it or find somebody who'll put it back on the road. sooner or later you'll find the guy who's willing to pay $5,000 just for the VIN on the rolling chassis.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
View attachment 91462 Rover has bit the dust sadly and a deal for a new car fell in my lap and I've (painfully) decided to part with my Disco 2. I was just wondering what you guys think the ladder and roof rack would be worth. The roof rack seems to have been painted by the previous owner (as was much of the car for whatever reason). If youre curious what failed it overheated and the the sleeves are slipping + needs a headgasket swap.
Well - if you still decide to get rid of the rack and the guards, let me know? I'm still in the market for those items - depending on where you're located.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Agreed! It's sexy! Hold onto it and watch it appreciate, if you are able! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts