Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2000 Disco II w/ACE just turned 100,000 miles and I am looking to develop a prioritized action plan for component replacement (along with knocking off the Major Service list posted at the top of this forum).

To date, along with routine maintenance (tires, lube, fluids & brakes) the only repairs that have been made to the vehicle are:
- All hubs replaced
- Installed new Front Drive shaft (OE Spec from Atlantic British)
- New front CV joints

Since the vehicle runs good and is in great shape (garage kept, no off roading) would like to make smart investments so that she can keep it running for a long time.

Just noticed that the driver front is about 1.5" lower than the passenger front so forum investigation indicates that it is time for springs/shocks replacement. What are the best options which are compatible with ACE?

Other things I am ready about are... Oxygen sensors, Hose kits, etc. As stated above, looking to make smart investments in order to be as proactive as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
My wife's 2000 Disco II w/ACE just turned 100,000 miles and I am looking to develop a prioritized action plan for component replacement (along with knocking off the Major Service list posted at the top of this forum).

To date, along with routine maintenance (tires, lube, fluids & brakes) the only repairs that have been made to the vehicle are:
- All hubs replaced
- Installed new Front Drive shaft (OE Spec from Atlantic British)
- New front CV joints

Since the vehicle runs good and is in great shape (garage kept, no off roading) would like to make smart investments so that she can keep it running for a long time.

Just noticed that the driver front is about 1.5" lower than the passenger front so forum investigation indicates that it is time for springs/shocks replacement. What are the best options which are compatible with ACE?

Other things I am ready about are... Oxygen sensors, Hose kits, etc. As stated above, looking to make smart investments in order to be as proactive as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you are pretty much on top of things. If your replacing wear items on or before schedule, your way ahead of the game. Also, a garage kept, non-offroader is going to need a lot less care. As for the springs and shocks, I would talk to Justin at Lucky8 or PT. The only thing I can think of that you didn't mention was a new CkPS. Replace now before it leaves your wife stranded.
As far as other items, here is what I would recommend. Put a certain amount of money away each paycheck (or whatever) into a "repair" fund. When something breaks or looks like it needs replacing, do it. If not, it's still your money. No sense in replacing a higher dollar part at 100k if it makes it all the way to 200k.
- Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.