Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. My wife's late 1999 Discovery (Bosch 4.0 L Engine) acted up two days ago and I haven't experienced this before either with it or my 2004 SE. I'm looking for some help please.

Ambient Temp' here in northern NJ was around -2deg F overnight, rising to 5deg by around 7:00am.

She had an early appointment in town, the truck started easily and idled for about 5mins.

On returning home my wife reported that for most of the outward journey (15 miles) none of the 'analog' gauges were working, including the speedo, tach and the turn signal indicator. The flasher relay could be heard operating but the actual dash panel was not. The truck however otherwise ran fine. They all suddenly came alive as she neared her destination and operated normally on the return trip about an hour later. Obviously when the dash became operable again the truck had warmed up both inside as well as the engine. When I took it for a test drive later (temp 12 deg) all gauges operated as normal. The following morning with ambient temp similar, she had the same thing occur but again began working after about 20 mins of driving.

Has anyone come across this before? Yes it was cold outside but in terms of what conditions the vehicle is designed to operate in, nothing unusual. Many of you live with temps much colder than here and I don't recall seeing any posts re this problem. it appears to me that some component that feeds power to the dash is susceptible to temps around zero, is that likely?

Any input would be sincerely welcome. Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Not normal at all. I would suggest you inspect the cluster's circuit board for cracks or bad soldier joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.