Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It has to be done by the dealer and make sure you take in you other key when you have it done. Don't look shocked when they quote you the charges.
Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
The reason for the expense (even when such a thing is possible) is the interactions between the security system and the remotes. They have to be keyed to each other (the only approved LR way is to order specially set up units from Solihull ... not quite MegaBucks, but certainly LR$$).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cost?

I picked up an extra remote for my Disco '97, the original didn't react well to the clothes washing machine. I know it has to be programmed at the dealer, but after reading the comment about "not being shocked at the charges" whats a ball park figure if anyone know ($USD)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Depending on the dealers flat rate charges you could be looking at $75.00 to $100.00 easily.
Mike J.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i was at AutoZone today, and they have a thing on the counter that says you can buy replacement remote keys, and one of the big things it says is "no programming fees" soo....dunno maybe worth it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.