Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
They may look like Krawlers but they aren't. From what I read in the EE forum, Bill Burke is testing them for BFG and are prototypes of the new Mud Terrain KM's. Those were pics of his rig when we ran into his recovery class at Anza Borrego last Nov. 6. At first glance, it's so easy to mistake them for Krawlers, but look closely at the pictures and this one below. BB's tires have Mud Terrain T/A KM (1st & 2nd pics) on the sidewall, whereas Krawlers have Krawler T/A KX on them. Then look closely at the slight difference in the two rows of lug treads in the middle section they have grooves in the middle of each. With regard to the 3rd pic, the one on the right is definitely a Krawler and the left appears to be a BFG, but I don't think it's neither a Krawler or BB's tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
NP. I figure once these become available, considering they don't cost as much as the Krawlers, you'll have something similar for less $$.

Off topic....Another thing I want to clear up, no offense to fellow alumni, but the Trojans are definitely better than the Bruins (at least this lineup). So much for the cross town rivalry hype. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
bruinlad said:
NP. I figure once these become available, considering they don't cost as much as the Krawlers, you'll have something similar for less $$.

Off topic....Another thing I want to clear up, no offense to fellow alumni, but the Trojans are definitely better than the Bruins (at least this lineup). So much for the cross town rivalry hype. :rolleyes: :lol:
USC is better than not just UCLA, but every other school out there!

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Yes the new MT prototypes are not Crawlers, as pointed out earlier,,,,new M/T prototype that are certainly based on the Crawler pattern. (though the tires in the pics above look like Crawlers to me). I've seen these in CO already.

Norman at Pangea is currently testing a set, may want to email or call him w/ any specific questions on performance/availability.

They have been sending some prototypes around for testing & feedback. Looks like a great tire, can't imagine why it wouldn't be a great performer given it's a Crawler/MT hybrid,,,,it's not the sticky Crawler rubber though,,,

Clearly the new trend in tires is weird tread patterns (check out the Pitbull Rocker,,,,,,)

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
bruinlad said:
I think so too man, but I think Texas will give them a good run for their money. Just like Fresno State almost did. Might wanna stock more beer for that game. :drink1:

Hook'em Horns....just got in about an hour ago from the Dallas Cowboy/Kansas City Chiefs game and what a friggen great game it was. :buttrock:

But I can't wait on the USC-Texas game...whoooottt!!!

I actually think Texas can take them, but USC may just run all over Texas defense, so it is a hard one to call. :drink1:

·
Banned
914 Posts
When I first saw those pics on the EE site, I thought they were just grooved MT's. But, now after looking closer, you guys have me excited. I saw this sometime back, but BFG said they would not be avaliable for 15-16" rim sizes. Or, at least had no plans for them.

If they do infact come out, I will have a set!

Also, a little birdie told me Interco will have a new MT coming out for light trucks. It will be based on the Trxus tire, but the compound will be different, and no more steel belts.......

·
Registered
302 Posts
That second picture concerns me a bit. Y'all think it'll clean as well as the current MT from BFG?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.