Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my new Discovery for about a week and noticed a small puddle of water underneath every time I stop. Its between the the front wheels just in front of the bulkhead. The water appears clear and is tasteless. Is this coming from the A/C unit and is this normal? :dunno:

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
water

I really do hope it wasnt poisonous or for that matter dog pee :eek:
It will probably condensation of the pipes err did it taste err cold!.
probably nowt to worry about.
Cheers ONz

·
Registered
3 Posts
john, i am pretty sure the water is coming off of the condensor from your AC. try to take notice if it only happens after you run your AC. if it is not oil and it not antifreeze then it is most likely water which would indicate condensation.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Agreed, You'll notice it's worse on hot and humid days.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all

Thank heavens, I have just spent €60k buying my first discovery and I thought that all the warnings about them was coming true. I have clocked about 3k miles and I already have to have a new passenger window motor, so I was getting a bit panicky seeing water laying underneath.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If the water suddenly stops condensing under your vehicle and ends up in the passenger (in the UK driver's side) footwell, you'll know it was just coming from the A/C. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pools of water on the outside of the car are nothing to worry out (that's just water emptying out of the A/C when you switch it off, which it is designed to do), however it's the regular pools of water that will appear INSIDE the car that will be more of a worry. These will include, pools of water in the drivers footwell, caused when the aforementioned A/C drainage pipes get gunged-up and the water backs up through the floor, and pools of water on the centre console (creating a neat little pool around the transfer gear-stick) when the sunroof leaks.

Other pools of water might be caused when you drive through deep rivers and lakes - but then that's probably your own fault! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unknown fluids

From what I have experienced and read, mystery fluids appear like crop circles under Rovers....
even rodents like to nest in our trucks, even store their nuts.....:eek:

Might be rodent pee, dead cat fluids that nestle in your fan belt area....

LOL.... :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.