Votes: 1 50.0%
  • me and my bloody car

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the keys in the picture are too small but I can't seem to get the cone off the nut. It looks like one thing! Anybody got experience with this?

it's a petrol 5-bearing engine 2,25L from 88" LHD (important detail) Series 3

cheers :beer:
Ernie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
posponed this issue

Thanks Greg for responding. I knew its function all too well but didn't know the right word for it in English (i'm dutch). See my demo:

But indeed the 'cone' or 'guide' is one piece with the nut which I can not get undone to replace the oil seal. Tried the famous trick with the electric starter as well, but it simply blocked. Later discovered a leakage at the front of the cylinderhead cover and probably oil from there, has been leaking down over the pulley where I would find it looking up from the grease pit thinking it was the cranck shaft oil seal leaking...

Now I've fully cleaned the engine (in my picture you can see the shiny front where I'm soaking it with diesel to clean it up after a couple of minits) and overturned it more than several times electrically but checking on build up of oilpressure, I think I might have been wrong all along and will wait with further attemps until I've got the engine started again sitting in the new chassis.

Hoping for the best :drive:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.