Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
ive fitted a nown good injector pump to me 2-1/4 after bleeding out she started but she ran on a low idle so ajusted the tick over all ok misfire had gone as well but on a test run she had no guts if like the timeing was retarded and she was now smokeing a lot more the she did b4 so if i want to advance or retard the timeing does that mean ive to bend the pipes to move the pump???

· Registered
222 Posts
Some say you can adjust the pump without undoing the injector pipes, but others say there is a risk of damaging the pipes (and even a small hairline crack in the union with the injector can cause problems), so I always undo the big nuts holding the pipes onto the injectors, remove the pipes then adjust the pump timing, do everything back up, and test.

It takes much longer and it means that you can't just alter the timing with the engine running and watch for the smoke to go away.

PS- what colour smoke was it producing on the run? If it was black, then the timing needs to be retarded slightly, if it was blue/whiteish, it needs to be advanced a little bit. If the timing's out either way you will lose power. Even tiny changes to the pump timing make a big difference.

Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.