Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,
I have a land rover 88' series 2A petrol soft top. i do a lot of adventure sports, so i have covered the distributor and the coil. but still i hava a problem in my aircleaner when i put it in water crossings. So i want to put a snokel to my land rover. But my friends say that the orriginal look of my land rover wont be there if i put a snorkel.

so what is your idea? what can i do?

indrika.

·
Registered
317 Posts
indrika,
Certainly, having a snorkel on a series truck does nothing to detract from the overall appearance of the vehicle. I say go for it, especially if there is a *need* for it.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
222 Posts
Land Rover offered a full range of snorkels, external filters and re-routed air intakes for the Series II, IIA and III, so fitting a snorkel does not do anything to detract from the originality.

If you need one, go for it. Series Landys were built to be modified by their owners to suit their individual needs.

If you have the standard oil-bath air filter, you will need to change it for either a (very,very rare) two-spout oil bath cleaner or for an air filter off a different vehicle. It is possible with the right skills and parts to modify the existing filter, but I don't know how.

Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear friends,
I have a land rover 88' series 2A petrol soft top. i do a lot of adventure sports, so i have covered the distributor and the coil. but still i hava a problem in my aircleaner when i put it in water crossings. So i want to put a snokel to my land rover. But my friends say that the orriginal look of my land rover wont be there if i put a snorkel.

so what is your idea? what can i do?

indrika.
I have a 1966 2a 109 deisel.
It has the original snorkel and roof rack.
Maybe you will contact me at my username. Its is my current email address
Thanks Dave Cacace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.